Friday, August 19, 2011

The Conversations #27: Jaws


Jason Bellamy and I have posted our latest conversation, this time turning our attention, at the heart of summer blockbuster season, to one of the first summer blockbusters, Steven Spielberg's classic Jaws. We talk about the film's reception at the time, its legendary status, and how it holds up now. We also talk about the music, the shark, the performances, the influence of Hitchcock and Hawks, and the surprising amounts of meta humor built into this often harrowing film.

Come join us with your own Jaws thoughts. As always, we welcome your contributions to the comment section.

Continue reading at The House Next Door

1 comment:

Adam Zanzie said...

Niiiiice. I should be able to comment on the piece sometime tomorrow (when my Internet's better), but just scanning it I can already tell that you guys have done an amazing job. Thanks for the shout-out to my JP piece as well, Ed. Means a lot.